Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Rhymums continued

Well i did graduate to limiting rhyme to two liners eventually.. the ones below are my more ..er... artistic works .. so proceed n dont say i didnt give ya fair notice
Ah well the history teacher always did have a rather peculiar effect on me.. While all my fellow sufferers slept through his class i paid close attention for he inevitably ended up providing just de word i was lookin for to complete ma rhyme.. In short the man was an inspiration..

Here goes .. This is dedicated to Mr Lal my history sir in 6th grade

An Encounter With An Alien
I was sitting peacefully on that fateful day,
In my home near the bay.
I saw someone looking like an alien,
Who at first looked like the Chinese Fa Hien. (didnt i say de man was a genius)
Seeing me he blabbered out something,
Which was quite out of my understanding.
I was frightened out of my wits,
And to the idea of conversing i called quits.
While running i broke some flower pots,
Upon which i heard a few shouts. (wel poetic pronunciation license)
And turning behind i saw that it was our neighbour Mr. Lal, (ther i brought his name in)
Covered from head to toe with a shawl.
Now prepare yourself this has been acknowledged by all who read it as my best (or worst depends on how u look at it really rhyme)
The Silence of the Night was Broken
The silence of the night was broken,
In the stable i heard something spoken,
I went out and found that my parents had awoken.(screams:poetic licens peopl)
My parents were looking disturbed,
And I,myself,too was very perturbed.
But gathering myself i asked them what had occurred.(if i say it rhymes it does!!)
I found out that we had been robbed of our faithful pair,
Of Arabian horses which were very rare,
Until now whom we had kept with great care.
I vowed then and there,
That i would find the gangs lair,
No matter how deadly they were.
After my troubled parents had slept,
I went to the stable with our dog Kent, (dammit it warnt history clas n i cudnt com up wid a dog name rhymin wit slept so had to mak do wit dis one)
And fortunately he caught the theives' scent.
When we reached the gangs hideout,
I found out that they had kept some men on stakeout,
Who chased us with their guns out.
We ran swiftly on the cold sand,
I fell down with my head downward striking the land,
Suddenly i woke up and found out that i had been in dreamland.
(Thank you thank you.. though i know the above er.. poem calls for a standing ovation a moment of silent worship will suffice..lol..)

4 comments:

El said...

Hilarious! i close my eyes in deep reverence!
Stress buster after my own heart cousin! Aha! this was what i was waiting for.
i am glad you considered my suggestion.

Roz aka The Twinset said...

The silence of the night rocked solidly...

Rhyme matic dood, rhyme matic!
Keep it goin', smooth and flowin', hooked up- towin'!!

tjt said...

well u cant exactly call it artistic and i does need a bit of work and smoothenin the rough edges but u ve really outdone urself

keep em comin man

it does show a lot of progress from ur earlier ones

Amit said...

Hey Sarat!! You shouldn't have deleted the first comment man!! ;-)